Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Maji's Journal--entry 5

Weariness

I cannot ever remember being so tired or lonely. The excitement we felt during the early part of our journey has quickly turned into dull routine. Our caravan moves slowly and scenery seldom changes.

I miss home and family. My home life has a comfortable routine. My wife knows the things that please me. My children bring humor into dull, ordinary days. All of that seems so long ago. My traveling companions and I are isolated, moving along a vast wasteland.

Some of our servants, men hired for this journey, have begun to bicker with each other. It is understandable. The heat of the day makes it difficult to sleep. The men are tired and tempers frequently show themselves.

Our caravan is made up of many different types of people. Some of those who work for hire do not share our vision. They are inspired by the high wages we have promised them.

Other workers do understand that this is a special journey. We find these people easier to trust.

Our hired guides do their job well. They travel through the land with almost the same ease as the camels. Each man has his purpose.

We must be careful to cooperate with each other to ensure our survival. The success or failure of our mission may be determined by our ability to work together as a team.
* * * * *

Scripture for meditation: I Corinthians 12:14

No comments: