Monday, December 22, 2008

Why I'm Not Shopping Today


Guess what? There are only 3 shopping days left before Christmas and I am stranded at the house, waiting to be chauffeured around by my son. Why? --Because one of God's little woodland creatures decided to make a home in the engine of my car.

I asked my son to check my oil and he came in from the garage to get the flashlight, claiming that there was garbage in the engine. Upon further inspection we realized that the leaves, twigs, pine needles, Hershey wrapper, and part of a chewed up report card were part of a nest.

Some creature was nesting in my car! How long has the nest been there? Who knows.

Don't think that I wasn't driving my car, either. Saturday I drove it into town to work. Sunday I drove it to my mother's house--in town.

What had happened to my little woodland creature? Was it still somewhere around the garage? Would it return to my car? Was it now living at my mother's house or in the parking lot where I worked? Did it fall out onto the highway?

Anyhow, the little creature gnawed the wires around my battery and now I am stranded.

No comments: