Thursday, December 11, 2008

Magi's Journal--Entry 16


Aware of the God of the Star

When I awoke the next morning I felt rested and rejuvenated. The poison had finally left my body and I was more at ease than I had in been in many months.

My mind was also at peace. My resentment was gone. Instead, I saw the remainder of our trip with a great sense of anticipation. I quietly joined my friends who had taken care of me the night before.

I decided I must discuss my thoughts with the my companions. “I know you will believe I am a fool but I have just been thinking about the tales of Belteshazzar, Daniel, and his faith in the Hebrew God. He believed that his God was the only god worth worship. Remember--he worshiped no other.”

My friends stopped working to give me their full attention. Both appeared surprised. Glancing around to see if anyone else was near, I whispered, “Do you--have you ever considered that he might have been right?”

Zechariah and Malchiah then looked at each other, but did not speak. I continued, “Otherwise, why are we even here? Nothing we are doing makes sense if we don’t believe what Beltheshazzar believed, that the Hebrew God is the one and only one worthy of worship. Beltheshazzar prophesied that in due time he would send a Messiah to the Earth--a king of kings."

I then waited, in awkward silence, expecting my friends to harshly rebuke me.

Zechariah finally replied, “We did tell you that when you were ill, we prayed to the Hebrew God on your behalf. We have already thoughtfully considered what you are saying.”

“I suggested we keep our minds opened to what this trip has to teach us,” Malchiah added.

* * * * *
Scripture Meditation:
Isiah 1:18
John3:3
I John 4:9

No comments: