Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Veteran's Day Thank You


I come from military roots and my dad spent 20 years in the U.S.M.C. I can speak of the sacrifices that a military family makes. Right now I thank the spouses and children of soldiers. Most people don't understand what the military life is like for the family.

Veterans, I am at a loss of words. My thank you seems very lame. It is so inadequate in the light of the sacrifice you have given for your country. All I can do is say, Thanks and God bless you. To the U. S. Marines, may I add--
Semper Fi!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Though I'm a bit late, I second those emotions, Toni. I have a friend whose son is in Iraq right now--I pray for that young man often!

Thanks to all who served and are serving!

Toni Mabry said...

Thanks for the comment. I try to remember to pray, but I don't think I do enough.

I am glad we have holidays like Veteran's Day, Memorial Day, and even Independence Day where we are reminded to pray for soldiers who are away or who have returned.