Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Pumpkin Ginger soup

I have been neglecting my blog a bit. Between job hunting and trying to get my manuscript ready to send to an agent, I barely have a moment to rest. Keep your fingers crossed and maybe one day one of my books will be on the Wal-Mart shelf.

In the meantime, I promised you a pumpkin soup recipe. When I first took a bite of this soup, I was surprised. I expected it to have the sweet taste of pumpkin pie or pumpkin bread. Once I pushed that thought out of my mind and took a second taste, I realized it was a great, hearty soup.

My mother likes a late Thanksgiving dinner, so I will make this soup the night before and eat a bowl for lunch. This is definitely a soup that taste better the second day.

Enjoy and let me know what you think of this recipe. By the way, I found this from Cooks.com .

Pumpkin Ginger Soup
2 cups--or 1 can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie)
3 cups chicken broth
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup light cream
1 medium onion, diced
1 medium apple, diced (I used a Granny Smith apple)
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt

Melt butter in a heavy saucepan. Saute onion and apple until tender. Stir in pumpkin, broth, and spices. Remove from heat.

Process or blend until smooth. Return to saucepan and stir in cream.

Heat through and serve.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummm! That looks wonderful. I'll try it soon.

Your blog is so cozy and friendly! Love it.

Elaine

Toni Mabry said...

Thank you and I hope you enjoy the recipe.