Thursday, February 5, 2015

Your Crossing Guard


I've been blogging for many years now and my blog has been eclectic, to say the least. I think it is time for me to become more focused. I have been thinking long and hard about a theme for my blog, something uplifting, without being sappy. I don't know if that can be established, but I think I'll try.

Please bare with me. I'm probably ADHD, though it wasn't diagnosed back when I went to school.

Why did I decide to change routes? I am inspired by the friendliest, most vocal crossing guard I've ever known. Whenever I am assigned to a school in Millington I am greeted by this crossing guard who waves me across the intersection and always shouts a blessing to me--and everyone who passes by. She makes me smile every morning and afternoon. I usually roll down my window and call, "God bless you," in return.

It's not a big deal, but it brings a smile to my face and if she were ever absent, I would miss her calling to me as I drove into school. I would feel as though I lost something that day.

Maybe that's what I should try to be, your virtual Crossing Guard, calling "God bless you," as you drive past. I'll try to do my best.


No comments: