Friday, February 6, 2015

FEBRUARY CELEBRATIONS




February Is A Busy Month

In the spirit of my new blog theme, I decided to research interesting celebrations during the month of February. Of course, we all know that February is African-American History Month and February 14 is a day set aside to appreciate love, but I thought I would look into other, more unusual February celebrations.

How about foods? 

February is Barley Month, Grapefruit Month, National Cherry Month, and Sweet Potato Month—which I celebrated by making mashed sweet potatoes for dinner last night. Yum, yum.

What groups are celebrated in February? 

I already mentioned African Americans. February is also Library Lover's Month, National Parent Leadership Month, National Women Inventor's Month, and Responsible Pet Owner's Month.

We all know February 14 is for lovers, but the month of February is also Spunky Old Broad's Month. Now that's my goal for the rest of the month, to be a Spunky Old Broad. 
  :-)


No comments: