Friday, February 20, 2015

CABIN FEVER


We've had a lot of ice around here. School has been out. Businesses are closing. No, it is nothing like Boston or cities up north, but we aren't northerners. We aren't accustomed to this kind of thing.

I've made my share of hot drinks, chili, soups, and pop corn. I've watched TV, played on the Internet, dusted, and read books.  Thank goodness for my Kindle and Amazon.

Still, I'm getting grouchy. I am tired of the dogs getting underfoot and even my son and I are occupying opposite floors of the house. How do Alaskans deal with it?

Fortunately, I don't have much longer to be stuck in the house. The below freezing temperatures today are supposed to reach 60 tomorrow--60 degrees and rain. I don't think the rain will keep me in the house, though.

For all of you who are still frozen in, try to take it one day at a time.

Winter can't last forever.

Soon spring will come.

Think daffodil thoughts and try to be good to all those who are stranded inside with you.




No comments: