Saturday, January 10, 2009

Good Things

It looks like I am going back to work. I was fingerprinted yesterday and they are ordering a uniform for me, so I think that means that it is pretty certain. It will be daycare work, a bit different from being a school teacher, but what can I say? The school's aren't hiring and I need a job. I am qualified, so I figured I'd better take it.

I was feeling a little sad about some of the things I wasn't going to be able to afford, taking this job, but something really nice happened. My aunt and uncle drove across country to check on a new job. (I think everyone I know is looking for work right now!) Anyway, I got to visit with my aunt and uncle as they passed through town.

My aunt lost some weight and filled up a suitcase with gently warn dress clothes; skirts, jackets, blouses, slacks and gave them to me. Trying on the clothes was like a 2nd birthday or something. I got about 9 winter blouses and shirts, 12 summer t-shirt style blouses, 2 skirts, 3 pairs of slacks, and 2 pairs of pajamas. The clothes were so nice, it was hard to believe that the clothes had been worn at all.

This did so much to lift my spirits. I felt as if this was just one way God was showing that He would bless me, even through family and friends. Yeah, I am going through financial troubles--as many people are--but I am still very blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that you have maintained a positive attitude and can still the good things!!!!!! Much good luck on your new job!!! I believe you will be a wonderful addition to the daycare based on your experience in education.
Peace and Blessings...

Toni Mabry said...

Thanks for the kind remarks. I am so relieved that I will continue to have an income!