Thursday, January 15, 2009

Dixie Belle's Surgery

My heart is heavy today.

I just took Dixie Belle to the vet. and they said that her heart seems strong enough for the surgery to remove a tumor from her leg. That is the good news. The bad is that I won't see her until Saturday when we will bring her home.

I am sure all will go well. This Animal Hospital is good and Taz had a similar surgery a couple of years ago. Still, Dixie doesn't know what is going on or why I have abandoned her. She is confused and I will worry--and say a prayer.

You dog lovers know just what I am talking about.

2 comments:

Lorrie said...

My heart goes out to you and Dixie Belle. It's hard to be separated like that and not be able to just have a little conversation about it all! Still, I'm sure she knows somehow that you haven't abandoned her :-)
I'm glad you are able to get her in finally. Prayers sent!

Toni Mabry said...

Thank you so much. Taz is very upset that her friend is not at home.