Monday, October 6, 2008

Working--part 1

I am one of the many Americans who is affected by our current economic problems. For the past 3 months I have been job hunting. This is very confusing for me, in that I have never before had trouble finding a job.

There is a sense of insecurity in all of this. No matter how much I try to fight it, the what ifs creep into my mind. What if I can't find work? What if I lose my house?

The truth is, the what ifs can become paralyzing. Unfortunately, I have occasionally succumbed to that paralysis, too. The what ifs can impair judgment and prevent positive actions. Negative thinking can prevent you from getting or keeping a new job.

I try to do at least one activity geared toward finding a job each day. Sometimes I feel so discouraged that it takes all that is in me to do this.

It is a constant battle to keep my spirits up. I pray and try to read positive materials. Worship at my church gives me courage to face another week. Until I get a new job I am limiting the amount of time I spend watching the news. It is difficult to keep my spirits up while listening to all the bad things that are going on in the world.

Some days are better than others, but I must believe that there is a job out there for me.

No comments: