Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Evacuating--What Would You Take?

I have been wanting to make my blog more interactive, like a conversation. This week I have had little time to spend blogging. Let me explain why.

All along the Mississippi River there is massive flooding. My home is located along a river that feeds into the Mississippi. Because of a week of tornado producing storms, the river near my home had already left its b
anks.

I have little space upstairs and perhaps little time to save property. What do you think I should save. If you were in my situation, what would you save?

I'd better get back to work packing.

3 comments:

lorrie said...

Oh boy Toni - hate to think this is happening to you. I hope it doesn't come to you having to actually evacuate. Praying.

I think of the sentimental things like pictures, my favorite bathrobe, things like that. Suppose the practical things should come in to play as well. Important papers would be at the top of the list. Your WIP and computer.

When I got divorced many years ago, I took my clothes, my car, important papers, pictures and my computer. That was it.

Guess you should think of the dogs' needs too.

Hope it doesn't come to this... *hugs*

mrsd81 said...

I'd take our dogs,computer, church directory (people are so willing to help) cash, change of clothes, snack foods.

Toni Mabry said...

Lorrie, spoken as a true writer--your computer and your WIP.

mrsd81, I never thought about the church directory. What a good idea.