Sunday, May 2, 2010

What Would You Take?

I have just been through a very new experience. Tornadoes have ripped through the Memphis area for 2 nights. Exhausted, I slept through my alarm. I wanted to go to church to see how I could volunteer in my community. I knew there were many who had lost their homes in the flooding. The spirit was willing but the body was weak. I slept.

I was awaken by a neighbor telling me that our neighborhood would soon be evacuated. Water had been diverted from our city, to a nearby river. That river was near our subdivision. The water was rapidly rising. The water was less than one block away.

My decision, what do I take? What do I leave? What is most important?

Tonight, I don't know what bed I will sleep in. I don't know if I still have a home. I pray for God's mercy and grace.

If you had been me, what would you have taken?

No comments: