Thursday, May 20, 2010

Giving

Tennessee is still recovering from the floods that hit us the first of May. Things are beginning to return to normal for some, but others will never be the same again. Let me give you an example:

For the past 2 weekends the weathermen have predicted violent weather. I never used to consider flooding in my neighborhood or even my city. Everyone else seems to jump at the thought of bad weather, too.

I must also say that I am very proud of my city and the way we have come together to help each other. Churches are standing in the gap with work & cleaning crews and food for those who are rebuilding and going back to their homes. I have a friend who put it this way, "We are suppose to be about this kind of work. We are far more efficient than the government."

I hadn't thought of it that way. We should all find a way to bless others.

No comments: