Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Whai a Difference


Well, I was spared.

My home was 4 and 1/2 feet above water level. Neighbors 5 houses away were not so lucky. The church & school down the road was hit twice, first by the actual flash flood, and the 2nd, and more devastating event, when the water was diverted from the city of Millington.

The worst thing that happened at my house was when the city cut off the electricity and that caused the sup pump to stop working. Water filled the crawl space for about 48 hours. It makes the whole house smell like a lake. My sister suggested sprinkling Lyme in the crawl space. It would kill the odor and prevent mold or other bacteria from growing. It sounded like a good deal to me. My brother-in-law also suggested spreading laundry detergent. I thought I would pass that along because, with all the flooding in Tennessee, I am sure there are many others in my predicament--and many many who are in far worse shape.

By the way, I was glad to hear the country music and contemporary gospel music community hasn't forgotten those who are trying to put their lives back together. They are all ready planning fund raisers.

You heard all the people in Hollywood gathering to help during many of the previous natural disasters, but I haven't heard much from the west coast in support for these people who lost their homes, jobs, and sense of security when flood waters woke them. These floods didn't happen in a single city, but throughout the state.
People will get back on their feet, because they are hard working individuals--but it will take a long, long time.

People could use your prayers and support.



No comments: