Friday, May 28, 2010

Diagnosis


It is sometimes frustrating to work on ones own personal health issues. It can be frightening to know that something is wrong and to try to find out it could be. It is even more difficult when a doctor says that nothing is wrong and and you are sure that there is.

That is where I have been for several years. I feel like a wind up toy that is steadily winding down. After years of prodding, I finally found a doctor that believes me. I finally have a diagnosis. The illness is one that runs in my family. Hmmm, I had a family history of this and still doctors would not listen.

Now comes the hard part. Doctors have 2 philosophies in regards to this illness. Some do nothing until the patient can't manage without meds. Others are proactive and give small amounts of medication throughout the patient's life. Needless to say, I am hoping my doctor will be proactive.

I had an ultra-sound this week and will see a doctor again, soon.

No comments: