Tuesday, January 11, 2011

SPEAKING FOR GOD

I was distressed that a certain attention seeking church (that will be referred to as W.) will protest at the funeral of Christina Green, the 9-year-old girl who was killed last Saturday while attending the public meeting held by U. S. Representative, Gabrielle Gifford, in Tucson, Arizona. This church makes a habit of protesting funerals. Why funerals? I dunno, maybe because that is where the news cameras will be.

It was a twisted mind that caused the death of this precious little girl--God's creation. It is a twisted mind that would cause suffering to those who grieve at her funeral. Enough said about that.

This cause me to think of those people who use the phrase, God said, or, God says. One should be careful when speaking for the Almighty God. He is a very big God and has the ability to speak for Himself. In fact, He has--in the Bible. If one is speaking for God, those words should line up with the scriptures, for God does not contradict Himself.

The members of the W. church have a habit of holding signs during their protest. The signs are supposed to speak for God. They say things like: God hates Catholics and God hates Fags. When I looked in my Bible's glossary, I couldn't find either the words Catholics or Fags in it.

--However, when I looked up hate in my glossary, I found this set of scriptures. A lot of Christians, even those of that W. church should commit this scripture to memory. The verse is found in Proverbs 6:16-19. NKJV. The bold print is my addition.

"These six things the Lord hates,
Yes, seven are an abomination to Him:
A proud look,
A lying tongue,
Hands that shed innocent blood,
A heart that devises wicked plans,
Feet that are swift in running to evil,
A false witness who speaks lies,
And one who sows discord among brethren."

Hmmm, I know a lot of Christians who manage to do what God hates.

--But what does God love? Try John 3:16. NKJV:

"For God so love the world that He gave His only begotten Son . . ."

--Just something to think about.

No comments: