Wednesday, October 10, 2012

PROMOTION/COMPUTER/SOCIAL MEDIA


The days of writers staying in anonymity are long gone.  These days, a writer is required to promote his or her work.  Quite often, the promotion is done at the writer's expense.  Fortunately, the computer and the Internet helps in this respect.  Traveling across the country is expensive, but with some work, an author can visit book clubs, schools, and public assemblies of all kinds via webcams or Skype.

A lot has changed since my first book came out in 2002.  Now we have Facebook, blogs, and so many other methods to make the public aware of our book.  In 2002, my sister, Denise, worked hard to make and maintain my first web site.  Last night and this morning it took me (a novice) about an hour and a half to build a nice web page.  As I get more information about the books--and book covers--I will continue to update the site.

I also put together a Facebook author page.  This will allow me to inform "fans" about important events involving the books; release dates, promotional sales, events I will attend, and so on.

Many things have changed in the publishing industry since 2002.  I am beginning to get excited!

My new web site:
http://chanceencounterstlm.wix.com/toni-lamparter-mabry
My author's page:
http://www.facebook.com/ToniLamparterMabry


No comments: