Friday, September 24, 2010

Today's Check Up


Three months ago Dr. Morris strongly suggested I make lifestyle changes to improve my health. I wasn't too happy about it--mostly because I didn't believe it would make that much of a difference. The thing is, I was out of options. At the moment there isn't much, medically, that can be done about my condition and that was too much to deal with.

So I followed the doctor's advice. I have almost completed my Healthy Body class. I have been trying to do many of the things I learned in that class--though I confess I bought white bread instead of wheat bread today. I do backslide from time to time.

I have made an effort to work out 3 days a week, though I sometimes haven't been able to fulfill that task. When I do miss a work out, I often make up for it by walking or exercising at home.

Now what were the results of my efforts? I am 10 pounds lighter and have improved blood pressure. As soon as he came into the room, Dr. Morris said he could tell that I had followed his advice, just by looking at my chart.

Though the weight loss is modest, it feels good to know that my effort is paying off in many ways. Now I just have to keep it up.





No comments: