Monday, September 6, 2010

Assessing My Goals


In about 4 months the year will be over and I need to assess how I am doing with my New Years resolutions. I had 2 resolutions; to improve my physical and financial health.

Few Improvements So Far:
Surprisingly, my financial health has been the hardest part. I have gone from being unemployed to working at a very small private school. The pay is quite low, and though I've tried, I have been unable to find a part-time job or to start my own business.

Still, I may have a new source for my writing. A publisher may be interested in some of my short pieces. Perhaps that will lead to something. I have to keep trying. This is supposed to be my year.

Positive Steps:
On the positive side, I have a diagnosis for my thyroid illness--after all these years. It feels good to know that all those symptoms aren't psychosomatic. It is powerful to know there is a reason for why I feel as I do.

After seeing several doctors, one put me on an exercise program that has helped with the achy, stiff joints, depression, and lack of energy. I do enjoy the water exercises.

I have already seen some results from my first month at The Wellness Center. People say my posture has improved, I stand tall again, and have less of a limp as I walk. I am in much less pain--can sleep through the night without leg cramps. My sleep is deeper and I wake up more refreshed. I have actually lost a few pounds, too.

Though I have room to grow, I am making positive steps toward my resolutions.




No comments: