Sunday, August 9, 2009

About Julie & Julia


No, it wasn't Gone With The Wind, but if you are a writer or a blogger or want to be either, you will find Julie & Julia a very interesting movie.

If you are a woman who feels that sense of panic that your life might not be headed the direction you want, you will certainly identify with the main characters in the story. I enjoyed the movie. Whether you get your girlfriends and go to the theater to see it, or wait for it to come out on DVD and make a party night of the movie, it is worth seeing.

In honor of Julia Childs, I plan to poach an egg for dinner and serve it with some asparagus. I insist upon wearing pearls and heels as I prepare the meal. Bon Appite

2 comments:

Lorrie said...

Hi Toni! Appreciate your perspective.. I will look forward to seeing it as well. I don't have pearls but I'll improvise :-)

Toni Mabry said...

It has been about a year since I have really anticipated a movie. As an aspiring writer, I really enjoyed this one.