Saturday, June 8, 2013

FINAL READ


I finished my final read and will be sending my manuscript off by the end of the weekend.  It is a little like watching my baby go off to summer camp.  I knew it is a good thing to send him away, I was just a little frightened to see him go.  Still it is an exciting time.

This has been a humbling experience.  I thought I knew a lot about writing.  I do know a lot about creating a story, it is putting it in the right form that I had to learn, and I have.  I have learned about head hopping.  I don't do that anymore.  I learned about editing programs and learned--the hard way--to ALWAYS keep a back up.  Editors don't like exclamation marks, so much.  You think I would have learned that from the Seinfeld episode on that very topic.

Ah, it has been an adventure.  It will continue to be an adventure. Now, for the promotion end--and editing book #2.

No comments: